A letter to Nanjing-bound students returning from overseas
Given the current global spread of COVID-19, Nanjing is very concerned about your well-being and invites you to follow this guide:
If you are staying overseas, you should:
1) Take care of yourself with epidemic prevention and control measures. Try not to visit crowded public places, and if necessary, be sure to wear a mask when going out;
2) Take your temperature at home and see a doctor in time if there is any fever, cough or other uncomfortable symptoms;
3) Pay close attention to the epidemic's progress in your resident country (region) and do not panic. In case of any emergency, please contact the Chinese embassy in your region;
4) Prepare enough living necessities and try not to go out.
If you are planning to return to Nanjing, you should:
1) Get fully prepared for your return
a. Make decent plans for your academic study;
b. Get to know the visa and your school's returning requirements in advance;
c. Check flights back to China and arrange your route. Try to avoid transfers in the hardest-hit countries;
d. Prepare a few masks and bring a moderate amount of food and warm clothes;
e. Register your health condition and get your health code via mobile applications Alipay or Ningguilai in advance.
2) Take care of yourself during the trip
a. Inter-continental flights take a long time and be sure to wear a mask throughout the journey and minimize your movements;
b. Keep away from crowded places when transferring in overseas airports;
c. Cooperate with flight attendants in taking temperatures and doing other health checks.
3) Handle your inbound transshipment
a. Please be fully prepared as this situation might take a long time due to inspection and quarantine procedures at airports, going through inbound procedures and waiting for transshipment;
b. Fill in your health declaration card and passenger registration form in a standard way. If you have symptoms such as fever and a cough, please truthfully fill in the form in case you take legal risks;
c. If you enter China via Beijing or Shanghai, you will see guide signs in prominent positions around the airports. We have set up special trains or vehicles, and on-site staff will also help you in returning to Nanjing safely.
If you have arrived in Nanjing, you should:
1) Report to your residential community once arriving and follow their epidemic prevention and control measures;
2) For your safety and health and that of your family members, please report to your residential community if you have traveled to the hardest-hit countries (regions) or have had contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases overseas.
To get first-hand information about consular protection and epidemic control in China, please download the "12308" mobile application of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and follow the official WeChat account of Nanjing Foreign Affairs Office. If you have any doubts, please dial the Nanjing Foreign Affairs Office or the epidemic prevention and control department of each district.