Jiangsu to improve modern education to high standard
East China's Jiangsu province will make continued efforts to improve its education in 2021, officials said at a provincial educational work conference held in Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu, on Feb 3.
Ge Daokai, director-general of the Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education, announced six major tasks at the conference aimed at improving the education sector in 2021.
The tasks are as follows:
1) The province will focus on promoting the high-quality development of all kinds of education, including compulsory education and vocational education.
2) Efforts will be made to bolster the integrated development of urban and rural education. Professional teachers, information technologies, and other resources will be provided to rural areas.
3) Jiangsu will strive to deal with some pressing and complicated issues such as regulations for off-campus tutoring firms to improve residents' satisfaction with education.
4) The education sector is expected to train more professionals and help address technological bottlenecks to better serve the social and economic development in Jiangsu.
5) Schools in Jiangsu are urged to take measures to ensure the safety of students and teachers and protect them from Covid-19 infection and other hazards.
6) The province will hold a series of events themed around the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China.